Social media can be a powerful tool for marketers, and Facebook is one of the most influential social media sites around. One simple way your company can harness the power of Facebook to boost your business is by sharing posts from your blog on your business Facebook page.Read More›
When we are working with a client and re-vamping their website, or building a new one from the ground up, we always ask “Would you like to blog on your website?” We have found that question is one that many people are very quick to say “No.” But after we explain the benefits [original content, content, content is king in the eyes of Google!] and the idea resonates for a while, we usually get the “What does blogging entail, how hard is it and is it REALLY going to benefit myself and my business? question.Read More›
Inconsistent and/or inaccurate branding of a business can make it difficult for people to understand who you are, what you are doing and why your business exists. Many small businesses tend to put branding on the back burner and focus more on growing their business. This is a big mistake because your brand can be the key to your success. Keep in mind that your brand is also your company’s face to the world and people need to be easily able to find you. You want to start tweeting your brand, networking your brand, advertising/promoting your brand, but most importantly, be consistent!
You want the same look everywhere. By ‘everywhere’ I mean:
- All thumbnails/avatars, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr icons should be the same [No eggs if you want people to take you even a little bit serious].
- You want to make sure you have a Facebook Welcome Page that matches your website.
- Your Twitter background, website, email template and email signature should all consistently display your brand.
- Set up a blog and become the subject matter expert in your industry. Again, try to be as consistent as possible.
- Protect your name! Make sure have registered all various domains in case someone types in the wrong exchange, they will still get to YOUR brand. As an entrepreneur it may also be a good idea to secure a domain in your name with all of the variations including; .com, .net, and/or .biz.
If you’re looking for consistency with your online brand and need help getting started, talk to me! I KNOW that my Mainely SEO team can get you on the right track to having that strong online brand presence that you absolutely need.
I follow Chris Brogan on twitter and today he visited the Borders in South Portland, Maine. He signed a few copies of his new book Social Media 101 and Trust Agents and then sent out a tweet that they were sitting there on the shelf just waiting to be purchased. I happened to be in the area and scooped them both up. I cannot wait to start reading them. In the new few weeks I will report back to you on what I thought of them both.Read More›